Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Daydreams-- A Dragon's Take

I try to have an entertaining Twitter feed, and a lot of what you'll read there is my daydreams.  Peter Maxian, AKA The Invisible Dragon, has taken my daydreams to the extreme and created the Christina BraveStar books based largely on some of my goofiest ideas. 

If you're amused by my desire to adopt my favorite actor, Steve Byers, or if you just enjoy reading funny humorous stuff, you should like this. 

Here is a excerpt of what he wrote, and I hope it makes you smile as much as it does me.

An Entirely Different Timelord by Peter Maxian 


It was one of those days. The invisible dragon and the magician were circling lazily over a house near a forest in Missouri, amused by the antics of Christina BraveStar. She was voicing thoughts inspired by her day. "It's a crisis -- I'm stressed out & there is no chocolate in the house!"

The young dragon had good intentions. "Shall I offer to fly her somewhere?"

His father, the magician, sensed other possibilities. "Not yet. Let's wait and see."

A few moments later Christina BraveStar voiced an unusual possibility for adventure. "I need a Timelord to take me somewhere for about an hour to unwind…"

The magician was pleased. "You wish is my command, young Ms BraveStar!" He cast a very small spell, and she suddenly felt very tired. 

She yawned, and her words slumped together. 
"NowIAmOverwhelmedByAFeelingOfFatigueSoStrongICanHardlyKeepMyEyesOpen..."
 
She lay down on the sofa, and was soon asleep and dreaming. Dreams, as we all know, are governed by an entirely different Timelord to the lord of time which governs our waking moments. 

With a wave of his hand the magician projected her dream out in front of himself and his hovering invisible dragon son.
 
:::

Christina BraveStar found herself again on a tropical island. The nearly deserted beach was the perfect landing spot for the invisible dragon. She searched the sky for him. "Are you coming to visit, dragon?"

But he did not come. A small black dot appeared in the clear blue sky, far out over the crystal blue ocean. It grew in size, and soon Christina realized it was a large winged creature flying toward her. As the creature zoomed in over the shallows, she saw the creature was a winged horse. "A black pegasus! And…"

She recognized the young man seated astride the winged horse. "...my favorite TV star!"

The young man dismounted, and introduced himself. "Hi! I'm Steve Byers."

Christina BraveStar was grinning, trying to think of something cool and impressive to say. It didn't happen. "Yeah, I know…"
 
:::
 
The magician was seated on the enormous shoulders of his invisible dragon son, giggling heartily. "This is wonderful! I think I'll help her out." He cast another spell, and in her dream a table laden with a feast of tropical fruits and Belgian chocolate appeared on the beach nearby.
 
:::
 
Christina realized she now had something slightly cool and impressive to say. She gestured at the table. "Would you like some Belgian chocolate, Steve?"

The young actor looked quizzically at the feast laden table on the beach. "I didn't think Belgian chocolate was tropical…?"
She tried to explain. "You're in my dream. My dreams are a bit unusual."

Now he was curious. "In your dream? Who are you?"
She introduced herself. "The Ancient Ones call me Christina BraveStar. She who boldly dreams what no-one has dreamed before…"

This was very confusing for the young man. "What am I doing here? A few moments ago I was playing a role in a TV show like Quantum Leap where I am a completely different character every week and…" He realized what had happened. "Oh my God! I've Quantum Leapt into your dream!"

Christina BraveStar grinned again, and tried to think of something cool and impressive to say, but the same thing happened as before. "Yeah, I know…"
 
:::
 
The invisible dragon looked at his father. "Are you going to help her out again?"

The magician thought for a moment. "OK, I've got an idea." He waved his hand.
 
:::
 
A wakeboard appeared at the feet of the young actor, and tropical huts with a jaccuzzi materialized over the water. She now had a perfect cool and impressive thing to say. "Would you like to go wakeboarding, or perhaps take a jacuzzi?"
Steve Byers was very impressed. "Cool! I love wakeboarding!"

She was very satisfied with this dream. "And I love to sit in a jacuzzi and sample belgian chocolate..."

He picked up the wakeboard. "Your dreams are amazing! Unusual, but amazing."

Christina BraveStar grinned again. "Yeah, I know…"
 
The magician tapped the invisible dragon on the shoulder. "We have to leave, good son. Adventures await."
 
His son was still gazing at the scene in front of him, with Christina in the jacuzzi and Steve Byers wakeboarding in the shallows. "Shall we wake her up?"
 
The magician smiled warmly at his son. "Let her dream."
With a beat of his enormous invisible wings, the dragon carried his father onward to new journeys and adventures.

Christina Williams: If you haven't already, you can read Steve Byers' interview here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment